1. DON’T Accept the Default
- Seek out an option that is BEST for YOU.
- Make it your mission to fight: “We’ve always done it this way” thinking.
- ALWAYS find a BETTER way!
2. Develop a GROWTH MINDSET
- Remind yourself that failure is an important part of learning. FAIL FORWARD!
- Understand the power of positive self-talk. Change your words; Change your mindset.
- Look to examples of famous people who failed multiple times before achieving success.
3. Be so GOOD They Can’t Ignore You
- Do MORE than the default – Arrive early and stay late!
- PRACTICE what you don’t know. WORK on your weaknesses.
- Be AVAILABLE at ALL times!
- Volunteer for everything.
- CRUSH the competition!
4. NEVER Stop Learning
- Embark on self-directed, passion-based professional and personal development.
- Listen to podcasts, view webinars, and READ whatever you can get your hands on.
- Become and expert in your field at your own blistering speed. “The standard pace is for chumps.” Kimo Williams
- Curate and share content with colleagues/friends.
5. CREATE as Much as you Consume
6. SHOW your WORK
7. Establish a POSITIVE and PROFESSIONAL digital presence for yourself
8. GET Connected
9. Save EVERYTHING
10. EMBRACE CHANGE
Click the image below to access my Career Week presentation slides.