"Finally, some real professional development I can use! I love that it is online. I am able to work at my own pace."
Earn LAUSD Salary Points With Our Self-Paced, Online Courses
The following courses have been approved by the LAUSD Joint Salary Point Committee for 2 Salary Points. These courses can be applied to each schedule of the LAUSD Salary Table. Courses are $179.00 for each 2 Salary Point course.
Earn your credits at your pace, on your time. Collaborate with other educators and learn skills and strategies that you can immediately implement into your classroom. Stay ahead of your students in the quickly changing 21st Century Classroom with Google Tools and many other emerging technologies.
Our self-paced online courses are created by the most highly qualified thought leaders in educational technology in the nation. Our instructors include authors, Google for EDU Innovators, Google for EDU Trainers, ISTE National Speakers, and PhD.’s, to name a few of their qualifications.
Tuition and Registration
- Tuition is $179.00 for a 2 Salary Point course. Click on a course for more details and for payment options.
- You must register separately from payment. You will receive an email with access to the course before the start of the session. Click on a course for more details and to register.
- Receiving credit: Within 2 weeks of the end of the session in which you successfully complete your course, your paperwork will be submitted to LAUSD and you will receive proof of completion for your records.
There are four sessions for courses. Students have one session to complete a course, but extensions can be granted. Our courses are self-paced. Within 2 weeks of the end of the session in which you successfully complete your course, your paperwork will be submitted to LAUSD and you will receive proof of completion for your records.
- Fall Session: October 5- December 15
- Winter Session: January 20- March 30
- Spring Session: April 10- June 20
- Summer Session: July 5- August 20
LAUSD 2 Salary Point Courses
Visual Learners in the Digital Age: Digital Storytelling, Infographics, and Other Web 2.0 Tools
Course # NA-11-116 Instructor: Mallack Walsh 2 Salary Points
In his theory of multiple intelligences, Dr. Howard Gardner of Harvard suggests that “students possess different kinds of minds and therefore learn, remember, perform, and understand in different ways”. Visual/spatial intelligence is the ability to perceive, use, and understand images and patterns and to think in terms of physical space. In this highly entertaining and engaging course, taught by a Google Certified Trainer, participants will explore tools that support visual/spatial teaching and learning. Participants will create lesson plans with creative web tools that aid in the creation of infographics, visuals, multimedia, and other digital products. Participants will collaborate and share their lessons with each other. Tools that will be investigated include PowToons, Google Drawings, PiktoChart, and ThingLink, among others. Participants meet virtually via online communities to discuss and share lessons and strategies.